In this part of the get ready for school series I wanted to focus on stationary. I am one of those people who loooove stationary! Pretty notebooks, pens, washi tape, stickers, organisers, you name it I want it. If I’m going past a stationary shop I almost always go in and look, it’s like sweets and I love all the different colours. Being a student for the past 5 years has meant that I’ve become quit the professional at just window shopping, and not actually being anything and sometimes that’s all I need.
I put together this collage from Kate Spade. Now, Kate Spade is not I brand I anticipated liking. I thought it would be too girly and cutesy for my taste, but surprisingly I love it; mainly their accessories though.
What I recommend that you should get completely depends on how much actual hand writing you do, if you do all your notes and planning on your computer you’re naturally not going to need much. For me personally I prefer to take notes by hand, looking at a screen for hours at a day is tiring on my eyes and I also enjoy writing with a pen or pencil more than typing. I might be mistaken on this point, but I do believe hearing that research suggest that information is easier stored in your memory when you write compared to type, but I could completely be making that up so don’t quote me on it.
Motivational phone case here
If you’re like me and like things that are aesthetically pleasing, this is what I recommend getting!
- A pen in your favourite colour. I love silver but I know many people love gold, so it’s definitely worth seeing if you can find a pen like that. For example this one by Paperchase or the above from Kate Spade
- A pretty notebook. Not so much for taking revision notes or lecture notes, but just one that looks pretty and is smaller for things to remember.
- Of course, also get note books for your lectures to jot things down in. These don’t need to look good, but they need to be in a size that you prefer and I prefer lined sheets.
- A cup or pen holder to store your pens and pencils. If you have a desk to keep this one, use something you find pretty to store your pens and pencils in. It helps to keep you motivated to write as you’re creating a more pleasing environment to write in.
- A cup to hold your tea or coffee to lectures. Saves you money by not going in to Starbucks and wakes you up! The above from Kate Spade is already on my wish list!
- An agenda/diary. Get one in the size you prefer and to your taste. Maybe this one or this one
Disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored and I have not been paid in any way to write this. It is simply my honest opinion